Evolution of an inexpensive set that would represent a vehicle production line. The commercial was to be shot motion control (and in reverse) as the car is slowly dismantled (stop frame animation effect) and when run forwards would look like the car is building it self as the camera arcs around it. With little resources to work with I created a simple animation based on the wharehouse space we were to use so I could dress only the areas the camera would see and make what was in there count.
- 1st row is raw space with tape measure (and bag!)
- 2nd row are shots in the same space with actual car in situ to get sense of scale
- 3rd row are stills from a 3D animation sequence I made to see the extent of set requirements for the proposed shot.
- 4th row shows the completed set without car from similar angles.
- 5th row shows shots of car in set (note similarity to 3D model and also see side by side 3D animation and finished spot at bottom of page)